Law Student Membership
Thank you for your interest in joining the Nebraska State Bar Association. We hope you will discover in the years to come that the NSBA is your partner in law. We work to provide resources to ensure the success of your legal career. Don’t forget, student membership is free!
Benefits of Student Membership (Student Membership Benefit Guide)
- Automatic membership to the NSBA Young Lawyers Section. The Young Lawyers Section strives to be of service to both the practicing bar and the public. The Section works to promote the development and enhancement of professional knowledge, image and skill in the practice of law. The Section is also affiliated with the Young Lawyer’s Division of the American Bar Association.
- Important networking opportunities through the YLS & NSBA Sections and Committees, providing access to attorneys in all fields of practice. Involvement in any of the sections and committees offers unique opportunities for members to study issues and influence legislation, participate in educational programs, and network with other people with similar interests. Law students are encouraged to become active in the sections and committees. For more information on Section & Commitee membership and Member Benefits contact Sarah in the Membership Services Department for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 402-475-7091.
- Mentoring opportunities, connecting new and established attorneys and creating lasting relationships. For more information contact Rick Allan at email@example.com or call (402) 475-7091
- Access to the jobs board for attorneys seeking employment and organizations looking to hire - at the NSBA Career Center.
- Free area bar membership in one of the 30 area bar association in Nebraska. Information regarding each of the area bar associations can be found on the Other Bar Associations page on the NSBA website.
- Special student rates to attend one-day continuing legal education programs. Did you take a class that sparked your interest in a particular area of practice? Follow that up by attending a CLE program in that field of law and meet attorneys that practice in your areas of interest. CLE Calendar
In addition to these great resources, we have a wonderful biweekly e-newsletter and The Nebraska Lawyer Magazine which goes out six times a year. The NSBA also offers discounts on services, such as reduced rates for health insurance, ABA Bookstore, office supplies, car rentals, entertainment, hotels and so much more. Finally the NSBA steps up to represent its members through its involvement in the legislative process and in the court of public opinion, addressing issues that impact NSBA members and the judiciary.
As your partner in law, we’re here to support you!
Thank you for considering membership in the Nebraska State Bar Association.